Enabling and supporting others (including individuals, families and groups) to address their own health and wellbeing needs is an essential skill of most newly qualified practitioners. This would include such areas as:
• enabling people to acknowledge and address issues in their lives
• helping people to develop their knowledge and skills
• helping people manage their health conditions
• providing advice and information
• supporting carers in their caring roles
• supporting people to live independently
• supporting people during life events.